This is the post for the October 16, 2014 class meeting.
Today is the due date for Project 3. Aim to submit your work today, but remember that you have a one-week grace period if you need it.
Class Work for October 16
These are the tasks to complete for today’s work:
- Go over the requirements for Project 3.
- Review the location of the FAQs for using Google Drive.
- Discuss the reflection memo and how to submit Project 3 in Scholar.
Requirements for Project 3
You need to turn in a reflection memo as well as a link to your proposal. Use the project assignment and the Writer’s Checklist on pages 296 of Markel to check your work. In particular, make sure that your proposal that includes all the required components:
- summary (p. 282–283)
- introduction, which explains the findings of your research and your needs (p. 283)
- proposed tasks, that is what you propose to create for Project 4 (p. 283–286)
- task schedule (p. 287–289)
- evaluation techniques (p. 289), which outlines three levels of work for Project 4:
- Average Work ( a C project)
- Above-Average Work (a B project)
- Excellent Work (an A project)
For all the documents you turn in, remember to check your spelling and proofread for grammar and punctuation.
Google Drive FAQs
Note: this is the same information you followed for previous assignments. I’m including it as a reference in case you need a reminder.
To make sure that you can submit your project smoothly, pay attention to the following FAQs:
- If you worked in something other than Google Drive, you can use your preferences to automatically convert files you upload to Google Drive automatically.
This step is important so that I can use the commenting features in Google Drive.
- If you already uploaded a document to Google Drive, check the format of your files and manually convert the files on Google Drive if necessary.
- Follow the instructions on how to set permissions and get the Google Drive Share link to get a link that will allow me to read and comment on your document.
Writing Your Reflection Memo and Submitting Your Project
Your reflection memo is your chance to tell me anything you want me to know before I read your project. For this project, your reflection memo will give me the link to your proposal on Google Drive. You will also tell me about what you have written. Follow these instructions to submit your work:
- Go to the Assignments tab on the left menu in Scholar.
- Choose “P3: Proposal.”
- Scroll down to the text box below the headings Submission and Assignment Text. You will write your memo in this box. (Alternately, you can write in a word processor/Google Doc, and copy/paste your text into this box.)
- Add your memo headers (To, From, Subject, and Date). For your reflection memo, you’ll use the following:
- Address your memo to me (Traci) and from yourself (use your name).
- Add a subject line that indicates this is your reflection memo and which project it is for.
- Add the current date.